
Chapter 8 (Epilogue – Narrator’s POV)
A/N: Continued in Captain’s Log form, makes it easier for us all.
- Joyce gets married (Capt Kidd wasn’t getting any younger).
1626…
- Joyce gives birth to son, Jaden. Lyn Si and Rachel hold double wedding.
- Jasper: best man, Caryn: bridesmaid.
1627…
- Rachel gives birth to daughter, Janelle. Caryn and Jasper get married.
1628…
- Joyce has twins, Kristin and Kaylyn.
- Lyn Si gives birth to son, Jason.
- Capt. Kidd and Capt. Jack go off to hunt Jack Ruckham, pirate ranked No. 3.
1631…
- Henry Morgan murdered by Bart Roberts.
- Capt. Jack returns; Capt Kidd lost at sea. Joyce mourns.
- Caryn meets Marquis Montalban (long lost brother) at San Juan (Spanish Capital). He falls in love with Joyce.
1633…
- Joyce accepts proposal of marriage half-heartedly. Rachel and Lyn Si fight with her.
- Rachel moves to Noel’s ship. Lyn Si stays but still angry. (HOW COULD YOU!!! Traitor! – Rachel) (Berlaku curang – Lyn Si)
- Joyce get married in December.
1634…
- Caryn gives birth to son, Jordan.
- Rachel sails the world with Noel and Janelle.
1635…
- Lyn Si gives birth to daughter, Rynsey.
- Joyce gives birth to another son, Calen. (Father: Marquis Montalban)
1637…
- Rachel and Noel return; tearful reunion with Joyce.
- Lyn Si moves to Capt. Jack’s ship.
- Caryn moves to Jasper’s ship.
- Joyce moves to Marquis’ ship. The BBS is kept and managed with only a few crew members.
1638…
- All four with families sail the world. Land in first port: Barbados. Trade spice and sugar.
- Meet up with Lyn Si’s mother (NO! – Lyn Si). Mother died few days later (Yay! – Lyn
Si). (Sadist :( – Joyce)
1639…
- Marquis Montalban gets into fight with Bart Roberts.
- Capt Jack kills Bart.
- Unfortunately, Marquis dies of stab wounds.
1641…
- sail off to San Juan.
- Capt. Kidd is found. He is now Abbot of monastery.
- Out of love, Joyce pretends to never been married to him.
- Jaden marries daughter of Maracaibo’s governor.
1655…
- Calen leaves Joyce to seek adventure.
- Kristin marries new Governor of Florida Keys.
- Jordan marries Rynsey.
- Jason marries Kaylyn.
1657…
- Janelle marries Lance Bonnet (Stede’s son).
- Lyn Si and Capt. Jack retire to Puerto Principe.
1658…
- Rachel and Noel retire to Bora- Bora.
- Joyce sails as new Head Pirate.
- Caryn and Jasper promoted ranks to second-in-command(s).
1659…
- Joyce retires to San Juan and relives romance with Capt Kidd who resigns.
- Renews wedding vows.
1660…
- Everyone congregates in San Juan for celebration of Rachel and Joyce’s 60th birthdays.
And we were pirates. So we stayed pirates. Famous for sun tanning, and plundering and stealing the hearts of FAMOUS, CUTE, HUNKY men and so, like any other fairy tale, yes, we lived happily ever after. With mountains of golden plunder; mainly lollipops. And so, the adventure ends, but the gnawing of lollipops continue.
THE END
A/N: This story is dedicated to…everyone! Compiled by Our Majesties, Joyce, Rachel and Lyn Si.
sNeAk PeeKs!!!Joyce’s Diary: Somewhere To Release All That Tension…
1618:
4th July: I have just boarded the ship. It’s beautiful and gorgeous, much like my house. But the crew are horrible, especially that %@$&(!!!) Captain. Who the heck does he think he is??? But I should have known better. Why on earth did I sign up with the blasted Spanish…Lucky for me, Rachel and Lyn Si are here to keep my sanity.
10th July: GOOD NEWS!!! I found out the crew don’t like the Captain much either. Good for them. They are planning a mutiny and ask me to help since I am such a genius at planning these kinda things. Or so they say. I think Lyn Si is so much better than me, but I can’t say anything, or she’ll kill me. So we planned it out well: Confront the Captain, force him to give himself up, and send him off to nowhere in the small boat that we have onboard. Yeah, sounds ingenious, no?
12th July: Finally the guy is gone. They made me Captain but I think I don’t want it. I am insisting on landing ashore the next port so I can quit all this business. I think piracy is cool. Should try it out.
25th July: We landed 3 days ago, but I still haven’t found anything to keep me alive and busy. It’s dang boring here.
30th July: Ooh, I saw the HOTTEST guy around. The three of us (yeah, Rachel and
Lyn Si decided to quit with me) were sitting in a tavern talking. Then BOOM, the door opened and the temperature rose. I turned and stared at the three men who just walked in. At that moment the one of the hottie’s eyes landed on me and he smiled. He’s gotta be my soul mate. I smiled back cheekily. The three made their way over to us. But the minute Mr. Hottie saw Rachel, his eyes grew wider and his smile vanished. He wasn’t angry, just shocked probably. No one else noticed I think. The moment was gone soon after when a taller guy started the conversation. Soon we found out they were sailors just like us. They invited us to spend the night with them on their ship but I smartly declined. Who knows who they are.
31st July: No sweat! The three are pirates!!! I just found out. Mr. Hottie’s name is Noel Jones, the other two are Capt. Kidd and Jasper Whiteham. The minute he said Capt. Kidd I knew for sure who they were. I think they knew I knew too, because Noel grinned at my surprised reaction at their names. Probably Lyn Si too, though she didn’t say a word. But Rachel’s face was confused but slightly angry. I think she doesn’t like Noel very much. Well, too bad, I do.
5th December: Sorry that I haven’t been writing for so long. Nothing much to say anyway. Just that…I am officially a pirate now!!! Well, it’s not really official of course. Cause if it is I will be hanging from the gallows or my head will be rolling on the ground where the governor’s executioner chopped it off. We signed up with Capt Kidd.
1701:
5th November: Sorry I can’t write much now, I’m an old, frail, 101-year-old lady. Just briefly, I married Capt. Kidd. Shocker I know. Everyone expected Noel, but he’s all Rachel’s. We had 3 kids, Jaden, Kristin and Kaylyn. Somewhere along the years, he left to fight some rival pirate and got lost at sea. I cried like nobody’s business for the next few weeks. A few years later, I met Marquis Montalban, Caryn’s brother. Caryn was a girl we three rescued from somewhere, I can’t remember. The Marquis proposed to me. I didn’t love him; Ezra Kidd would forever be in my heart. But I accepted anyhow, for the kids. They were young and needed a father figure. I gave birth to another son, Calen. Many years later, Marquis was killed by Bart Roberts (a blundering idiot who could not control his raging jealousy). Moving on, I left the pirate world and retired at San Juan. Guess who was there?? EZRA!!! He could not be happier to see me. One problem though: he was an abbot. I convinced him to resign though. He did and didn’t hesitate to return to me. I love him I really do. We renewed our marriage vows later on. Now, when I am 101 years old, the stupid English government think they control the world. They caught my husband and hanged him. He was too drunk to run away even though the rope broke 3 times. I stood in the crowd, helplessly watching as he stared at me from the gallows. I couldn’t walk; my legs are paralyzed. Just before they opened the trap door, he mouthed the words “I will love you forever”. I cried and cried. I will never be able to recover from this anymore. The pain is unbearable.
6th November: They are coming for me today. It will be my turn to hang from that gallows. This time nobody will be watching me from the crowd. My kids, they don’t know about this. But I have consolation that, soon, I will join my beloved…
Lyn Si’s Diary: Moi secrets are with mie!
1610: I got dis book, but don no wat it is for. So I jus keep you somewhere. Well it is more like chuk you somewhere in my cupboard.
1612: When I was packing my cupboard, I found you again. Oh well, keep you back again in my new house drawer.
1613: Now I know what you are for, so I will write on you…
13th October: My daddy just passed away today. And…my mummy has an emotional
breakdown. Now I’m alone with you. What should I do? Owhh…
16th October: Mummy said that she will take me to somewhere very nice where there is candies and sweets. I wonder where is that. Do you know?
17th October: My mummy sent me here but after that, she vanished! This place is scary and creepy. I found a boat. So I got on it and tried to make it move. I met a girl. Her name is…err…well I forgot. Do you remember?
18th October: Now I finally remembered the girl’s name: Joyce. We play on the boat together every day. We had a lot of fun. I followed Joyce go to her grandpa’s place.
30th December: I have my birthday at Joyce’s place. It was fun. Her grandpa was very nice to me, since I first came until now.
1617: My life starts…
10th April: I told Joyce I wanted to leave this place to find my mother. I miss her. Maybe I should just go and find her back? Even though she’s the one who left me. Joyce said I must be careful.
10th May: After all the planning, I say goodbye to my best friend and set off. Walking and walking and walking…when will I find what I seek?
20th June: So far I have passed a few towns but no mother. Some bad people say maybe she is dead and…NO! She won’t be. She couldn’t…
9th August: I reached a town, tired and exhausted to the bone so I rested in an inn. I met a nice girl. Her name is…oh my brains, I forgot her name. Well, she is a nice girl. My head hurts; I need to sleep.
10th August: We went shopping. There I bumped into the most outrageously huge guy. I fell and hurt my knee and sprained an ankle. I can’t walk now. But guess what? He didn’t even apologize; he just walked away! Oh, the cheek of him. He will pay! The girl said his name was Albert Kwok. You will PAY, YOU SON OF A ..... !!!
30th October: Still can’t find my mother. I went back to Joyce’s house but couldn’t find her too. Oh what happened?!??
1618: I run into Joyce and meet new friends…
4th July: I went to this town, Santa Maria. Yeah I know it’s a weird name. As I was walking, I accidentally bumped into Joyce! We talked as we walked and then, she asked me to sign up as the tavern nearby as a pirate. I thought about it and decided why not? We signed up together. We met another girl. If I’m not mistaken, her name’s Rachel. Quickly we became good friends…and this is how my pirate life starts.
1622: As a pirate…
23rd November: I was sitting in my cabin on our ship The Big Booty Shaker. I was talking to Captain Jack. He’s cute and funny. He was lying on my bed like that Cleopatra. My mother liked Cleopatra. I sat on the sofa thingy; Joyce says it’s called a divan. He was very funny, making jokes and I laughed at it. I know he’s drunk. Suddenly, his eyes closed and he falls back on the bed. I thought he died. So I get up and shake him. He opened one eye and stared at me. I am sure he’s drunk because he says “You are gorgeous, love” to me. I didn’t say anything back. I blush but didn’t turn away. He closed his eye. I don’t know what to do. It's so embarassing.
24th November: Caryn told me Noel and Rachel are friends again. Maybe even more than friends. Later Jasper told me Capt. Kidd was in love with Joyce. I need to talk to them. I am happy they finally found their Mr. Rights. I know that Noel always liked Rachel, since she first came into the service of Capt. Kidd. Capt. Kidd is crazy about Joyce. I walked out of my room to find Caryn to drag her to find Rachel and Joyce. But then I see her talking to Jasper. I wonder when they will find out that they are perfect for each other. So I went back to my room. I am tired I want to sleep. I close my eyes when I hear a knock on the door. I opened the door and Capt Jack was standing there. He looked at me then grasped my shoulders and kissed me. I liked it. I like him too. Oh no.
25th November: Capt. Jack says I am officially his girlfriend. I am elated. I need to go jump around. Bye, bye.
Rachel’s Diary: Secrets Revealed of Legacies Untold…
1607: Mamma got a diary for my Birthday. Its lovly. It is veri pritti. I lov my mamma. Daddi died last Friday. I wish he was here with me and mamma. I think I hear her cry everi nite. I met a friend Noel. Hes swiit. He gav me haf his swiit candee bar. We are gud friends. I think I will marry him one day.
1609: Mamma died, I no she did. She wuden tell me. I live with Grandmamma. Shes slow. But I like her. She says mamma went to meet daddy. She says shes happy. I miss her and daddy. Sometimes I feel like visiting them, but Grandmamma says I cant.
1610: Noel and I found a new playground. Nobody went there. At first I liked it. But Noel left me alon. I HATE HIM. I promise if I see him again I’ll, I’ll…*tear splash*
I HATE EVERYONE; I HATE MAMMA AND DADDY FOR LEAVING ME.
I HATE NOEL. Dogs should have him as a play toy.
I hate MY LYFE.
1627…
31st January: It’s been ages; the color of my dear diary has since faded. I have so much to write about. But I’ll make it short. I’M MARRIED TO NOEL JONES!!! The little boy I hated. How I got to re-know him, I do not know. I have a baby girl, Janelle, fusspot that little child. My best mates, man(s) to be exact, have stayed with me through thick and thin and to think we made it this far as mothers. Noel’s been such a poke, bombarding my mind with questions I never thought existed. He’s also been asking me to leave the pirate life. Should I? I couldn’t bear the thought of leaving Joyce and Lyn Si. But my Janelle, Noel wants to bring her up in a proper environment, with no pirates. I banned that thought, but it does make sense. But I lack the sincerity to tell that hasty fellow his hormones kicked in at 30. I guess I should make up my mind. Caryn’s been such an angel. I guess I haven’t gotten over my mood swings. I can’t believe I’ve touched motherhood. I should be elated. Really I should, but black clouds seem to hang over me every time I see my Janelle smile. I need sleep. Love her, love Noel, love my best friends. I love, I loved, I will love.
21st August: I decided not to leave. Noel understood. He took it quite well. He knew I couldn’t bear to leave the sea. To be uprooted again. The pain he saw in my eyes, I guess he knew, and I love him for that.
Caryn’s Diary: Just Me…
(A/N: Only excerpts from her diary because most of it was washed away during a particularly heavy storm one night)
16th September 1623:
- Just rescued from that horrible cabin in the middle of nowhere. Saw a totally gorgeous guy. Found new friends: Joyce, Rachel and Lyn Si. Stupid Bart Roberts. He knew I wouldn’t marry him. Now I’ve lost my whole family. I am alone.
- Getting ready for dinner. Wonder what I should wear. Hmm, I think that guy’s affecting me. I never worried about clothes before.
- Wonderful dinner! The guy, Jasper Whiteham, glanced at me for, like, 5 whole seconds. I blushed too hard I actually didn’t look pale.
27th November 1623:
- I accidentally bumped into him. Really. He helped me up and SMILED!! I’ve never seen that guy smile. He’s such a moody character. Wonder what made him smile today. But I’m happy to be smiled at.
- He came into my room today. Said I’d dropped my hanky. He came to return it. I thought I should like to see him smile today. I smiled sweetly at him, and guess what? He smiled back! YAY!!!
28th November 1623:
- HE KISSED ME!!! Haha, yes he did. I met him in the hallway and he struck up a conversation. I don’t remember what we talked about, just that suddenly, I was up against the wall and we were kissing. My brain is still replaying it, must be why I can’t remember what we were talking about. La, la, la, la, la!!!