
“Move an inch, and say goodbye to your precious ego.” She threatened. I removed the rope from the ceiling and Rachel tied the man up. Lyn Si recovered her breath and whacked the side of his head with the handle of her sword. His eyes closed halfway (but obviously he was still conscious) right before she placed Rachel’s letter in his bleeding mouth. We gathered our things (and plunder) and prepared to leave again. Before jumping off the side, Lyn Si looked at the man.
“Think before you speak, mister. I am no man.” So saying, she dived into the sea and swam towards the BBS. She climbed aboard and fell into a deck chair, breathing a sigh of relief. We were done raiding a cruise ship (!). Now we wait for the passengers to come back and scream (sicko). 10 minutes later, we were still lounging around. The passengers hadn’t returned, though we did see a small boat going to the shore. Probably the guy went to tell the passengers that more than half their possessions were gone and that the people that took them were ladies (unless he decided we were gay men).
I emerged from my cabin back in sensible girl-pirate clothes. I grabbed the huge bag of ‘booty’ and divided it equally (Rachel got her facial products like she wanted and Lyn Si got her candies). As soon as it was done, we kept it in our rooms respectively. Lyn Si and Rachel decided to go swimming (remember, no one knew we were girls, more so that we could sail a ship as big as the BBS); I sunned myself on deck and guarded it in the process. I grabbed a book and proceeded to “enrich my vast knowledge”. Soon, I could hear delighted shrieks coming from the water. Well, maybe I could join them. I put down my book and took off my sunglasses. Casting aside my towel, I dived off the port side right in between the other two. We had so much fun we didn’t realize it was getting late and no one was guarding the ship. We raced each other back (which Rachel won) to find the ship was…in perfect condition. It certainly felt fishy though (yes the pun is intended, why else would it be mentioned). But a thorough check around the ship revealed that it was as it was when I jumped over the side earlier. But suddenly…
“Hello there, ladies.” We nearly jumped out of our skin. Our heads snapped up to see some blur shape swinging on the mast just below the crow’s nest. And he (I think) was grinning like the possible idiot that he was. “I didn’t think you girls would leave it unguarded, even though you’re positive no one knows it was you three that raided the ship over there.” He slid down the mast and planted his feet right in front of me. We immediately recognized him as Duke (????? – Lyn Si) Noel Jones, son of Davy Jones before he turned evil, and one of Capt. Kidd’s notorious high-ranking pirates. My face was mysteriously flushed (though everyone knows why) and Lyn Si was gaping. Rachel marched up to him and jerked his shoulder back.
“So what if it is? Do you have a problem with that?” She asked him roughly. She never, EVER, understood how I could like this obnoxious big-head (not like I understood either). He wasn’t evil; just the typical, stuck-up bad boy who thinks he’s at the top of the food chain and everyone else (except his bosses) is inferior. He was also that oh-so-common playboy that makes girls swoon whenever he makes his rare appearance. In big contrast to him is his best friend, who’s the sorta moody kind of character with lip ring (pirate remember) and sexy deep voice. I flinched at the tone of my friend’s voice but didn’t say anything. I knew all too well that my friends didn’t like him as much as I did. But I didn’t like him; I was obsessed with him. Not much difference. Too bad, he only thought of me as another goalpost for his superior side remarks about everything that he didn’t fancy. Pity, pity. But enough about his negative aspects. I realized them, but smartly enough didn’t fall for them (duhh). I liked the charming (if not fake – Lyn Si) smile, the chiseled features and the stunning sword fighting skills (sadly, there’s more - Rachel). He had a teasing disposition and always managed to plunder many times more the number of ships we plunder (probably seduces them gullible women…heck, even gullible men - Rachel). (Hey, don’t be so negative. He’s really alright, just maybe his nose is a little higher in the air than it should be) (A little????? Are you, like, crazy??!? On second thought, maybe you are – Lyn Si).
“No, I don’t have a problem. But Capt. Kidd might.” His equally infamous smirk surfaced. From the side of the ship the Capt appeared. He was as dashing as Noel; save for the fact he was older. Not very old, maybe in his late twenties or early thirties. He never revealed his age to us (maybe he was 50, but he didn’t look it. We’re all in our early twenties by the way; not that old, haha). But one thing about him was: he may sound kind…but he was a pirate. Looks (and tone of voice) may be very deceiving. Currently, he was staring at us intently, sorta like scrutinizing-ly. Then he encircled us, slowly glancing at each of us like we were interesting new species from some alien planet like Venus or something. We were getting colder and colder as we stood there in the cold wind (we’d just finished swimming), and this new behavior of our Head Pirate was intriguing. Lyn Si shivered involuntarily and Rachel finally let go of Noel as she sneezed. I stood there like a frozen puppet, my face expression blank (I hope).
Finally, he stopped walking round and round. “I’ve come to a new conclusion about the three of you. I think you three look better as girls than guys.” (What’s this, the attack of the randomness??!?). We just stared at him. (Have you, like, infected him Joyce? He seems to have got your loony-ness – Lyn Si). “But anyway, I’ll be supervising your next raid.” We continued staring at him (obviously we didn’t understand). “Means I’m staying here until we reach Tortuga. We’re conquering that city for the English. But I’m also interested in the governor’s daughter.” Ahah, so he wants us to raid a city so he can get the daughter? Not like we want her, it’s just…ah, forget it. We made his cabin ready, got food for him and Noel (*swoon*) and cast off in the direction of the Dutch stronghold. On the way, we met up with Jasper, Noel’s hunky best friend (one more and Rachel will move her lazy bum to help us!! Heh, kidding.). Now that the Capt. was here, everyone did their work properly; no one slipped up or fooled around unnecessarily (though we did obviously). When we finally reached Tortuga, we decided on a new disguise. Seeing as our sloop of war could be passed off as a private ship, we decided to descend the gangway plank dressed as three couples come on holiday. We adopted American accents (Lyn Si was especially good at it) and dressed like them. Lyn Si got paired with Jasper, me with Capt. Kidd (save her, haha - Rachel) and…(drum roll) Rachel with (oh yeah) Noel. The Head must love himself right now, putting archenemies together. Plus, they have to act like they’re in love!! (Oh, the irony)
and moving on...
Nonetheless, we pulled it off quite well. Wonderful me got dragged around to visit the governor while the others went around town checking out the “quaint scenery” (more like observing defenses). For a stronghold, it wasn’t very well defended. Also, the trip around town wasn’t pleasant seeing as Noel and Rachel tried to jump each other’s throats at any chance possible. So Lyn Si and Jasper were very glad when they finally met back with Capt. Kidd and poor, poor me. (You may be wondering if Capt Kidd intended to marry the governor’s daughter. Yes, he was. I was dragged around as his *cough* sister *cough* even though we look worlds apart.) But no matter. That night, Noel and Jasper hid outside the governor’s house, waiting for the signal. I was to duel with the Captain of the Guard (yay, some action at last). Rachel had to distract the Guards while Lyn Si navigated other pirate ships come to help us into harbour. Captain Kidd, meanwhile, was preparing to gatecrash a party held for the woman he so badly desired (scoff, scoff).
At 6.59 p.m., I set off first. I made my way to the outer wall to look for a certain Captain Jonah Brandy (eww what a name). I found him leaning on a wall, smoking and staring into the drawing dusk. The view was spectacular. But I didn’t have much time. Jean Laffite (ranked no.4 in World’s Greatest Pirate List) would be appearing soon. I drew my cutlass softly (it’s solid defense) and held it at the back of Captain Jonah’s neck. He stiffened but did not move otherwise.
***
Further down the wall, Rachel and Lyn Si were giggling like amused little girls (but secretly puking) with the over-attentive Guards. The 6 Guards (don’t ask why there are so little inside the city) were almost drunk and Rachel was making cute little jokes (and vowing to never embarrass herself so badly again). Lyn Si slipped off after a while to go open the new unguarded gates of the harbour. She let in Jean and his hardy crew. She was surprised when in came about 5 large frigates, 4 sloops of war, 3 war galleons and 2 ship of the lines (fastest and most powerful anywhere). Then when Henry Morgan stepped out, she understood fully. He was the no. 1 pirate to ever sail the Caribbean; just surpassing Capt. Kidd who was no. 2. She curtsied and kissed his ring. He was practically King of the Seas.
***
Speaking of Capt. Kidd, he was ready and about to kick the door down when he caught his reflection in the window. His cuffs were slightly out of order so he arranged them back neatly. Satisfied, he changed his mind about the kicking and decided to knock. The door was opened by an unfortunate butler who got punched the minute his nose appeared by the door. Capt. Kidd stepped over him and made his way to the ballroom unopposed. Gently opening the blue-and-yellow door (they really had horrible colour coordination), he let himself in and observed the scenery before him. There were five main colours: blue, yellow, red, green and brown. The wooden floor had swirly designs. There were colourful couples dancing. He spotted the lady he was looking for and sophisticated-ly made his way to her (meaning he accidentally ‘bumped’ into people). He tapped on the shoulder lightly. The minute he saw her face, he screamed (yes, he really did scream, our eardrums are still reeling from the shock) and fainted.
***
“Hmm, to see I managed to capture the deadly Captain Jonah off guard. Draw your sword and fight like a man. I have no time.” I ordered the Capt. He unsheathed it slowly and tuned around to glance at his opponent. He thought the high-pitched voice (not very high, but still) was a guy faking his voice. He didn’t expect a cold-hearted, fearsome, chillingly beautiful…girl. (haha, I’m so flattered). He took all this in a few seconds. Suddenly, he attacked. I was prepared (I use a cutlass – solid defense remember), though I only dodged in the nick of time. I jumped in the air and came crashing down on his double-edged sword. (oh boy, he’s good) Bouncing off, I turned one round and slashed at his feet. He jumped up swinging his sword to cut off my head. I bent backwards so it neatly slashed above me. I back-flipped and assumed my fighting stance again. We began circling each other, our swords locked in position above our heads. Suddenly, the Capt. smirked and lowered his sword a little. I knew his trick: I would lower my defense and he would thrust his sword straight into me. Unfortunately, I wasn’t one of the best swordswomen on the seas for nothing. I spun in a circle in a flash and slashed at his exposed ribs, my skirt billowing in the air. He dodged it, but not before there was an ugly gaping wound at his side. Since he could not fight anymore, I picked him up by his collar and threw him into the guard-post behind. I lit a match, threw in the post, and jumped off the wall into sandbags below. (Why so rough? – Lyn Si) (Blink blink. Grin)
***
Rachel sighed inwardly. (oh my Lord, they smell like…HELL. So much for being vain - Rachel) The Guards-turned-morons were completely wasted yet they did not fall asleep. She was having murderous thoughts when…
[trumpet fanfare]
*BOOOM* Rachel gasped. Henry Morgan, THE HENRY MORGAN, was in front of her. *Thunk* She fainted. Lyn Si giggled and ran over to help her up. Henry arched an eyebrow and walked off towards the mansion of…*dum dum dum dum* the Governor. He waltzed in the open door and demanded to see the Governor. Meanwhile, Rachel woke up and was foaming at the mouth (haha, just had to add that in. But it’s a joke) She rushed off towards the mansion with Lyn Si struggling to keep up with the sprinter. On the way, however, she tripped on a loose pebble and scraped her knee. Rachel stopped her cross-country run to help her up. As they both got up, they slammed into…the one and only, me! (thunderous applause). We hurried on, running right into Noel and Jasper, who were still waiting for a signal (obviously no one told them that their unworthy selves were not needed anymore). When we got up again for the 3rd time, we actually, ACTUALLY reached our destination. (phew – Rachel)
hoped u all liked it...hehe...rather short i know...but then it was written before pmr...not enough time to make it longer...anway im never good with long stories...i get bored halfway...eheh...:D
Her Majesty signing off...
Joyce